Oh boy, this chapter is sure to stir up people around, I wont get into the specifics but at least I can say I was expecting this to happen ever since Nagi broke the stone.
SPOILERS INSIDE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!
A small summary translation courtesy of musouka on AnimeSuki forums:
– Athena assumed that Ikusa (Hayate’s bro) made it out of the castle when she did, after she woke up from her year of sleep. But when King Midas re-manifested inside her, one of the things he brought up was that Ikusa might still be in the Royal Garden. Because of that, he was able to worm his way into synchronizing with her desire to gain a King’s Jewel so she could make sure.
– But Hayate tells her not to worry, because he’s sure that mysterious man was his older brother, Ikusa.
– The clock strikes twelve.
– The girls remark how it reminds them of Cinderella, ect, ect. But Nagi mentions that it seems to symbolize a new beginning more than the ending of something.
– Inwardly, Athena agrees. When Hayate tells her that she no longer needs a King’s Jewel because he’s sure his brother is safe, she thinks to herself that all she needs is… And this time, maybe forever is possible…
– When Hayate hears the clock strike, he mentions that Nagi must be getting worried.
– Athena stops her thought. She mentions that Nagi was the one that gave up her fortune, and asks what sort of girl his mistress is.
– Hayate says “Basically…she’s always angry?” This wasn’t the answer Athena was expecting, but Hayate goes on to elaborate in a really endearing way. Athena says that sounds difficult, and Hayate smiles and says it is. This makes Athena come to some sort of realization.
– Athena says once she saw his smile, she understood. She tells Hayate she won’t be coming back to Japan, and this is where they part. She says goodbye, and she was happy to have seen him.
First of all, WTF MIDAS IS STILL INSIDE ATHENA!? Wtf this changes nothing….since he almost takes over her again for a while there….I guess next time he tries to take control Athena wont be so willing to let go of her emotions as last time so its fine I guess…..
Second of all, OMFG ATHENA’S AHOGE IS A MIRACLE OF THE UNIVERSE! That thing is horrifyingly cute….I d’awwwww’d hard
Third of all, as expected…Hayate returns to Nagi, and Athena will not go with him, while I expecting this to happen since Hayate did promise to return to Nagi no matter what, what I wasnt expecting was for Athena to be the on who would let go of Hayate, such a noble act to keep him from feeling any kind of trouble…its almost unfair. I guess Athena can join Hinagiku on the “too nice for their own good” corner.
Fourth of all, knowing Hayate, he is not going to stay quiet about this…so for all we know he might try to convince Athena to follow him again…I mean even if she is to go away for a while now, at this point she has already established herself as one of the “almost” main characters…shounen sunday agreed, dont bother them about it.
btw Hayate’s brother has a cool name and if he is still trapped inside…well…future plot hints?